Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Rhythm Guitar Part Finished

I finally got a good recording of the rhythm guitar part of my new song this morning. Two of them, in fact--one for each ear with headphones. It sounds really good, and it's one of the most interesting things I've recorded. But strangely, I didn't get the usual sense of satisfaction when I played it back. Maybe it was too early in the morning (6:45), or maybe I was too hungry or lacking caffeine. It's pretty weird to play such aggressive music so early in the morning before breakfast, but that's really the only time I have to get it done.

Next steps are to add a lead guitar part (I have no idea what that will be, but I'd like it to sound like a western-style guitar somehow) and a bass part, and maybe some kind of organ part. Then I'll finally write some lyrics! Maybe when all that's done I'll feel more excited about it. Or maybe I just need to sleep on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment