Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Reading

Since it's Christmastime, and since my reading over the last six months has consisted mostly of comic books, anti-government essays and an action novel based on a video game, I decided to read Athanasius's short 4th-century book On the Incarnation before I jump into Smiley's People. Athanasius liked talking about Jesus' incarnation so much, it's what he was talking about when he died. This guy was way into Christmas! I got through the first two chapters this morning and am enjoying it very much so far.

And yes, I'm still reading G.I. Joe comics when I get a chance. Hopefully I'll finish On the Incarnation by the time we leave for the holidays in two weeks. Then I can start on Smiley's People in Alabama, which is where I started reading my last novel.

On a related note, here's the new trailer for G.I. Joe: Retaliation. Looks like more dumb fun. At least Snake Eyes's mask doesn't have lips this time. We just watched Phillip Noyce's Salt last night, and I bet this won't be nearly as good. The director, John Chu, has mostly directed little movies about dancing until now. But the parts with Bruce Willis, as the original G.I. Joe, do look really fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment