Monday, December 12, 2011

Drum Track Done, Guitar Work Continues

I met and exceeded my goals for my new song this morning. I got some really good guitar practice in, starting slow and then building up until I could play a section fairly well. I can now play the theme and the long bridge without too much trouble, but it will probably be a couple of weeks before I can play this solidly along with the percussion, and maybe another couple of weeks before I can play it well enough to record it!

Next I added cymbals and other sounds and effects to my drum track. It's pretty much done already, and I'm happy with it. Once my rhythm guitar is solid, I can then add lead guitar and bass, and maybe some keyboard, tambourine, etc. And finally I'll write some lyrics and figure out how I want to sing this thing. At this point I wouldn't call this a "song" so much as just a piece of music that wants to be a song someday. I can  hardly wait to hear it all come together! Then I'll just write a bunch more and I'll have an album, heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment