Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Got It on "Tape"!

I'm really truckin' on this song of mine! I had in mind that I wanted to record something before we left on this Christmas trip, but I wasn't sure how realistic that was. I got a lot of practice this morning, and I made adjustments to the drum track that not only make it a lot more exciting, but also help me play along with it better on guitar!

And yeah, I actually recorded today! The guitar's a little sloppy (but could be much worse), and I messed up in a couple of places, so I'm not going to let anyone hear it. Probably better if no one hears this song until it's a finished product with vocals and everything. But man, it rocks! It's only a minute and ten seconds long, but it's definitely the most complicated and hardest rocking thing I've ever created. Goodbye pop music, I'm a real rock musician now.

Speaking of vocals, I've been thinking of using an amped-up, post-hardcore, sing/shout style, similar to Fugazi but more intense. I think I'm a decent singer, so I don't want all the music I create in the next year to have nothing but yelling. Should be something in-between.

No comments:

Post a Comment