Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Story Coming Along

I didn't get a lot of time to take down notes for my novel today, since the girls woke up really early. But I've been doing some of my best thinking in the shower lately. I've added a couple of important characters, more shooting and more dying. I also altered the ending so it's not quite so depressing. Now it's a western. But I've also added a layer of mystery by deciding why the evil city folk in the book want to keep their activities secret. Now the reader will have to figure it out along with the main character. Now we have a story of western intrigue!

The one-sentence description hasn't changed since last week: A scientist goes up against a dirty cop and a crooked politician to defend a rural landowner. I'm very happy with how this is going so far. I even thought of a potential title this morning: "Ten Acres of Blood". Eh, it's a working title.

No comments:

Post a Comment